A forum for technical support discussion related to Fogbugz.
Our fogbugz has a problem. If a client browses the content from a computer in the WAN zone, all is working normally, but since he wants to post / edit a bug, there's about 50% of chance that the client has to wait about 15 minutes before the answer comes for the server.
Moreover, until the server gives an answer, client can't browse fogbugz anymore, it can browses other parts of the website (same server, same techno). But, in order to reach fogbugz again he has to kill his session info, i.e. by closing the browser, or deleteing the cookies, or using another name for the server (e.g. IPaddress).
It happens only with FireFox, through a ssl connection and from computer located in the WAN zone (i.e. not in the office intranet).
In our configuration we use FogBugz 4.0.33 on a Suse 9.2 linux, through a SSL secured connection, behind a firewall which uses DNAT to give access to the website.
Apache version is 2.0.50
Mysql is 4.0.21
Php is 4.3.11
Any guess will be welcome.
I'm trying to diagnose this same issue right now. In fact, I came to the discussion forum specifically looking for a fix to this problem. I've tried looking at both the database and the server and I don't see anything weird in either one.
Any suggestions on how to go about diagnosing this, Fog Creek?
I didn't put much detail into my previous post.
This feels like some kind of server-side timeout issue but I don't know what could possibly be timing out. Mail is queued for asynchronous delivery so it's not a SMTP timeout. Other sites served with the same web server work properly so it's probably not an Apache-related issue.
It happens to all users of our instance of FogBugz whether they're using Firefox or IE. I've only see it occur when the user submits a new case or updates an existing case but otherwise, the problem occurs sporadically. And when I say 'sporadically', I mean that I can use FB properly for a while, submit an edit for a ticket, submit another edit for the same ticket 10 seconds later and have the first edit go through properly and the second lag for at least several minutes.
I haven't confirmed that it's happening on both web servers (we're running with two load-balanced servers) but I can confirm that we were seeing this issue with roughly the same frequency even when we were only running with a single web server. The servers are FreeBSD boxes talking to a FreeBSD database server. Both web servers are running Apache 1.3.33 and PHP 4.3.10. The DB server is running MySQL 4.0.18.
During the lag period, I don't even show the fogbugz users as being connected to the database and my slow query log doesn't show anything either. I also don't see anything noteworthy in my Apache logs.
Hopefully this info will be helpful.
This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.Other recent topics