A forum for technical support discussion related to Fogbugz.
I just purchased Fogbugz 4.0.33 and I am trying to install it. So far this was unsuccesful.
Problem is that the installation routine hangs on "Upgrading the database". I've read all related messages on this forum and tried a number of things,
but nothing helps. I've tried on two different systems (one with US windows version, one with dutch version),
but same problem on both. Issue shows up regardless whether I choose Access or SQL-Server database.
From the forum-messages I got the impression that
when the installer gives this message I already should
be able to access http://localhost/fogbugz, but I can't.
Http://localhost/iishelp however works.
Here's some additional info on the system I want to install Fogbugz on:
OS: Win XP Pro SP2 + all updates (dutch version)
Firewall: McAfee Build 6.1.6144 (Windows firewall disabled)
Virusscanner: McAfee v9.1, build 9.1.08, engine 4.4.00
IIS: version 5.1
IIS will only be used for Fogbugz.
I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Please let me know if you need additional info.
By the way: is there a good uninstall-program available
for Fogbugz? If not... why not?
Thanks in advance,
On the screen that says whether you want to install fogbugz as a virtual directory or at the top level root:
1) what web site are you choosing (Default web site?)
2) are you choosing root or virtual dir
3) at the bottom of that page it shows a link to here's how you're server will be accessed. What does that link say?
I suspect the link in 3 is not resolving because of your dns setup so when it tries to connect the web server, it fails.
Thanks for the quick response!
After doing a system restore I'm now starting a new install with the following settings:
1) Default Web Site [http://up]
(I have no other option)
2) At the top level
3) The link is: http://up
Just before the install I've tried http://up
and it did resolve as expected and opened
the default IIS pages in two browsers:
Now I'm at the message "Upgrading the database"
and when I try http://up now nothing happens.
(IE says it's openening the page, but doesn't really).
If this is caused by my dns setup, how can I change
that to fix this?
Thanks in advance for your reaction,
I'm not sure Norman. Everything looks ok.
Email support http://contact.fogcreek.com and we'll do a Fog Creek Copilot session.
The Copilot session was very helpfull.
It turned out that McAfee virusscanner was blocking
the execution of scripts, even when it seemed that
I had turned McAfee completely off.
Hidden in the settings of McAfee virusscan is the
option of turning Script blocking off. After doing that
every worked well.
For other McAfee users:
- Open McAfee Security Center
- Select the Virusscan tab on the left
- Choose Configure Virusscan Options
- In the pop-up select the tab ActiveShield
- Click on the Advanced button
- Select the tab ScriptStopper
- Remove the tick for Enable Scriptstopper.
Note: this is not only necessary for the installation
of FogBugz, but also for it's correct operation.
Thanks to the helpdesk of FogBugz for their quick and
This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.Other recent topics