A forum for technical support discussion related to Fogbugz.
I realize that this isn't a very concrete request. However, it would be nice if the main data entry body of the cases, the discussion group, and the wiki were improved to levels similar to those on StackOverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/ - I believe StackOverflow uses Markdown http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/ for it's markup).
There aren't any specific features that are currently missing from the wiki that I've been wanting however there are several from the case data entry body (bullets/lists, strong/bold, etc). None of them have been show stoppers for me. Rather than list a bunch of features that I've desired from time to time which would result in an ad-hoc interface, let me sum up my request this way:
There are three main things I would like have:
- Improved data entry capabilities (like StackOverflow's markdown or Mediawiki)
- A preview window that is on-screen during data entry like StackOverflow's
- A consistent data entry experience across the case data body, discussion group, and wiki.
Although I really enjoy StackOverflow's UI, I'm just using it as an example.
+1 for improved text entry in cases (mark down). I'd give an arm and possibly a leg to be able to:
- enter text in some form of tabular format
- use real bullet points, with levels of indentation
- have blocks of code look like blocks of code
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.Other recent topics