A forum for technical support discussion related to Fogbugz.
For reasons I won't go in to, I just finished configuring FB6 to run on a Dedicated LAMP server at Lunarpages. To make things a little more exciting, we were converting from an existing Win/Access install. With some great help from Rich at home base in NYC, we discovered and resolved a couple key issues:
1) The new setup would accept a license code, but later would not recognize that the licenses were installed. When we converted the database, the 3 sSignatureN fields in Licenses were created as type longblob. Had to change to blob for the license to be recognized.
2) Lunarpages default config uses suPHP to execute PHP on Apache. Therefore, all code executed by PHP must have the same user/group as the account of the domain that calls FB. Had to "chown -R <webuser>:<webuser> /opt/fogbugz", or else Apache just threw "Forbidden" messages. It's NOT enough just the change the /Webpages and /Accessories folders in /opt/fogbugz, you must change the /opt/fogbugz folder itself.
We now have a happy (and quite speedy) FB install on our dedicated server! Hope this helps someone out there with a similar config.
This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.Other recent topics