FogBugz Technical Support

A forum for technical support discussion related to Fogbugz.
The current FogBugz Knowledge Base can be found at http://help.fogcreek.com/fogbugz.

Posts by Fog Creek Employees are marked:

Documentation
Release Notes
Network Status

SearchTool fails spectacularly

FB: 6.1.46 (DB 633, Build 452)
OS: fedora 11
DB: 5.1.37

If the SearchTool is running the following error occurs; which has the side-effect of causing the Maintenance Service to be locked and mail stops being delivered (the very bad thing in all this). I can shut off the SearchTool and everything runs fine but that is not an optimum solution.

Additionally the "search" tab at Settings->Site displays the same error and the diagnostics stops on the Search test, same error. This is not a new install.

System.ApplicationException: Keyword not supported. Parameter name: ; pooling ---> System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported. Parameter name: ; pooling at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder.GetKey (System.String key) [0x00000] at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder.SetValue (System.String keyword, System.Object value) [0x00000] at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder.set_Item (System.String key, System.Object value) [0x00000] at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionStringBuilder.ParseConnectionStringNonOdbc (System.String connectionString) [0x00000] at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionStringBuilder.ParseConnectionString (System.String connectionString) [0x00000] at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionStringBuilder.set_ConnectionString (System.String value) [0x00000] at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder..ctor (System.String connectionString) [0x00000] at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.set_ConnectionString (System.String value) [0x00000] at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection..ctor (System.String connectionString) [0x00000] at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection:.ctor (string) at FogUtil.Database.Connection.GetConnection () [0x00000] at FogUtil.Database.Connection.CreateConnection () [0x00000] at FogUtil.Database.Command.Create () [0x00000] at FogUtil.Database.Command.Execute () [0x00000] at FogUtil.Database.Setting.LoadSingle (System.String sKey, System.String sDefault) [0x00000] at FogUtil.Database.IndexFileFactory.get_ixGeneration () [0x00000] at FogUtil.Database.IndexFileFactory.GetGeneration () [0x00000] at FogUtil.Search.Index.get_Generation () [0x00000] at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) FogUtil.Search.Index:get_Generation () at FogUtil.Search.Store.Directory.LoadReadonlyDirectory (DirectoryState state, System.String prefix) [0x00000] at FogUtil.Search.Index.LoadReadonlyDirectory () [0x00000] at FogUtil.Search.Index.get_IndexSize () [0x00000] --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at FogUtil.Search.Index.get_IndexSize () [0x00000] at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) FogUtil.Search.Index:get_IndexSize () at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) FogUtil.Search.Index:get_IndexSize () at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.Reflection.MonoProperty/Getter`2:invoke_int__this___Index (FogUtil.Search.Index) at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetterAdapterFrame[Index,Int32] (System.Reflection.Getter`2 getter, System.Object obj) [0x00000] at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object[] index) [0x00000] at SearchTool.UnixServer.ReadAndExecuteCommand (SearchTool.State state) [0x00000]

I have researched and applied all suggestions form any similar issue (some actually identical) that is referenced on the fogcreek.com site including reinstalling the MySql, reinstalling the FogBugz application, and manually clearing the Index tables (since we cannot get to the reset button on the search tab). All to no avail. I could use some real help here.
James Copher Send private email
Friday, September 18, 2009
 
 
I've just installed on a new machine and am having the same issue.

CentOS 5.
Mono JIT compiler version 2.4.2.3 (from source tarball)

It seems (if I'm deciphering things properly) that pooling isn't enabled on the mysql connection(s). I've tried manually enabling it on the connection line (Pooling=true). That didn't help.

I rolled back to mono 1.2.4, and that looked promising. That said, just found out the server was infected w/some bot virus. So I'm ditching it anyway.
Christopher Send private email
Saturday, September 19, 2009
 
 
The problem is mono 2.0.  We don't yet support that version of mono (that's why 1.2.4 was working fine for you and is the recommended workaround)
Michael H. Pryor Send private email
Sunday, September 20, 2009
 
 

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics
 
Powered by FogBugz Bug Tracking and Evidence-Based Scheduling.